THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Leupold Long Range or MkIV vrs Nikon Tactical.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold Long Range or MkIV vrs Nikon Tactical.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johnny foreigner
posted
I want a new 30mm scope (mounts have been trued and lapped) for a 243AI. I want it for long range so 16 preferably more mag minimum. I want the 50mm for light gathering and FOV. Will the Nikon be comparable to the others.
I would ideally like 20mag but will only go for that if the Leupold is going to be comparable.

DW

Posts: 156 | Location: UK Oxford | Registered: 12 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just put a vx-3 6.5-20 ,30 mm tube with 50 mm objective with the varmint hunter reticle.It works as advertised,very nice scope.Turrets are easy to adjust and the side focus works very fast as well.shooting gongs out to 700 meters with it today .Rifle is chambered in 25-06.

Posts: 227 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: 10 March 2003Reply With Quote