New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weaver scope
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I purchased a used Mauser (7X57) yesterday that had a Weaver K5 scope on it. The scope has the fine crosshairs. On the side/back adjustment screw it appears to adjust from 3X to 5X. Naturally I "HAD" to turn it to see where it was set. I have now moved it back where it was in the first place. Before I screwed with it the gun would shoot Winchester factory ammo (140 grain) bullets at 100 yards into 3/4". I'm going back in an hour or so to see what I may have messed up or if it will print groups as good as before. What I don't know is, "Is this old scope as good as the K4s or K6s which are not varible as this one seems to be?" My life's motto: If it ain't broke, mess with it a little more. Thanks for the help. Good shooting! Mike

FourTails

Posts: 914 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe your scope is a Weaver KV (v for variable, not Roman numeral 5)

As far as I know all of the K series scopes were fixed power.

The model KV was a 2.75-5x scope made in the 50’s and early 60’s.

IMO Weaver has always produced good scopes and I don’t see why yours would be any different.

I have a K2.5 and wouldn’t trade it for anything.

Use it and enjoy it...and if you end up not liking it I’ll buy it from you if its in decent shape.

Posts: 4574 | Location: Valencia, California | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote