THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    I need advice re mounting a scope on a 16mm rail

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need advice re mounting a scope on a 16mm rail
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a European O/U shotgun/rifle, with an integral rail of 16mm across at the rear end of the barrel. There is no X channel for a bar to tighten a' la Weaver. It would be great to be able to mount rings that will grab such a base, but I cannot find any. Do you folks have any ideas??
Thanks
Alex

Posts: 2097 | Location: Gainesville, FL | Registered: 13 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i have done this in 2 ways. 1 by milling a grove on the sides so the rings would grab (be sure the rib is solid not hollow before doing this) and #2 by taking a separate piece of steel, milling a notch out that would sit over the rib and be attached by set screws, then milling in the groves for the rings

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote