New
Find
Notify
Tools

scope failure
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I just had a Kahles 3-12x56 reconditioned at the factory in Austria.

Scope was technially ok, just battered tube and a change of objective. When the scope returned this week it looked as good as new.

I mounted it on my Blaser 95 again to zero it in and then problems began!

Before I sent it of it would group around 1 moa consistantly with handloads and 2 moa with factory stuff.

The first three shots with factory ammo spread about 2.5 inches with flyers in any direction that I could not understand.
The groups became larger and larger up to 8 inches and then I stopped. I wnet to a Blaser dealer to have everything checked. He couldn't fing anything wrong and gave me a Swaro 1-5x42 on Blaser mounts to check my rifle with.
I shot three handloads; spread 0.8 inch!

So both him and me concluded something is very wrong with my Kahles.
Today I sent it off to Austria again.
You will understand that I was not in high spirits after this experience and although I trust the Kahles people will come with an appropriate solution to this problem, this should not happen with a high end scope.

I keep asking myself what might have gone wrong inside that scope. Loose lenses or recticle? loose or broken springs that keep windage and elevation in place?

If you had a similar experience, or a possible explanation for this problem, please let me know!

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote