New
Find
Notify
Tools

springfield rifle scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
anyone know who made the government model scopes for springfield? just wondering.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a Gen 1 SA 4.5-14 scope, made by Hakko I believe. I don't know about the 2nd and 3rd gen scopes, sorry. - dan

"Intellectual truth is eternally one: moral or sentimental truth is a geographic and chronological accident that varies with the individual" R.F. Burton

Posts: 5284 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I believe whoever it was is no longer in the business.
Springfield now does all repair service for the scopes "in house".

Posts: 44 | Location: Midwestern USA | Registered: 30 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Yep it was Hakko, they also make a lot of stuff for Nikon, Pentax, and Nightforce.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of K20350
posted Hide Post
Mine was an $800 pile of crap. About 6 months after purchase and hardly any use the elevation turret Screwed out of the scope tube. Yes SCREWED OUT! I was adjusting the elevation and the turret just came out in my hand. Did I mention that my buddy was taking the rifle in 4 days to texas to hunt for a trip he had planned for a year. It wasn't long before I got the scope back from springfield that it quit adjusting for elevation. Well at least the turret stayed in that time. When I got it back the third time I made it someone else's problem. I dont know the model number anymore it was several years ago I believe it was like 4-16x and the reticle was tuned for .308. I bought it for a remington 700 PSS in .308. I was told by ag guy who used to work with springfield that they had ridiculous amount of the variable scopes fail. I love sprigfields rifle and handguns but a far as their scopes Go some where else.

Posts: 445 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote