New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does anyone make a true German reticle?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I want a scope reticle that has the height of the center post even with the side posts and had a point like this

Crosshairs are fine as long as the center post actually comes to the crosshairs and has a pointy tip

I don't like the #4 reticles because the lower center post will mess with my aiming and throw me off. I know it has fine cross hairs that are centered, but when aiming quick my eyes will focus on the main center beam, not the fine crosshairs.

I'm trying to get good ideas for a scope to mount on my 375H&H. I am thinking an ajustable power scope that has a max magnification between 4-6x

The Trijicon looks like it might be a good scope, has anyone used them on a 375 H&H or larger

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You might check out the Swaro #24 Battue reticle. It will certainly draw your eye to the center. It's what I have on my favorite 375 H&H.......................DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that #24 CD looks like the perfect reticle for a 375, but wow, the scope is a very spendy. I know the quality is probably worth the price, but I could not aford it. too bad leupold doesn't make a reticle like that

I should also say the primary use will be on non-dangerous game from 25-250 yards and maybe very limited use on dangerous game.

Posts: 973 | Location: Rapid City, SD | Registered: 08 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ozhunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gohip2000:
I don't like the #4 reticles throw me off.

You must be a very unstable guy.. Wink

Posts: 5886 | Location: Sydney,Australia  | Registered: 03 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold will install a German #1 for about $50 in one of their scopes.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
gohip2000,

Have you used a German No1 reticule at dawn or dusk? As the light fades, the point of the centre post tends to be lost and you tend to aim higher as you lift the reticule on the target...

If you really like this style, I pretty sure they are still available from Zeiss and S&B...

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Meopta I believe Wink

Posts: 58 | Location: Oslo,Norway | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never used the German #1 in low light conditions. maybe I should stick with the standard duplex?
I'm open for suggestions

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gohip2000:
I've never used the German #1 in low light conditions. maybe I should stick with the standard duplex?
I'm open for suggestions

Only you can decide that...I'm not keen on the Z6 range, but the illuminated reticule version is amazing; at its higher powers, the reticule is plenty bright enough to use in day light.

Another alternative would be a 1.5-6x42mm S&B Zenith with the flash dot reticule...I've not used one, but they have a very good reputation.

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ingvar J. Kristjansson
posted Hide Post
S&B Zenith and Classic models have the German Nr. 1 reticle.

Posts: 510 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I been using a German # 1 in a Leupold 6 x 42 mm. And well I can see well pass shooting hours. Works well.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The horizontal lines on the Leupold German N° 1 are a little longer than some other models. Here's mine on a Leupold 1.5-5.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote