New
Find
Notify
Tools

Am I the only one who uses Burris R/A scopes
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a 3x9 R/a that has been back to Burris twice, each time the have rebuilt the front end. My problem is that when mounted on a T/C Benchmark at 9x I have to look from the back of the cheek piece to see the target, the lower the power the closer to the comb I can go. I have the same model on a Ruger 77/22 & t/c contender carbine & have no problems with them.. Help please.

Posts: 1125 | Location: near atlanta,ga,usa | Registered: 26 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
welcome to the wonderful world of burris repair, you're lucky to have gotten it back in your lifetime once, leave alone twice

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SempreElk
posted Hide Post
That scope would best be sold on Ebay

Posts: 1779 | Location: Southeast | Registered: 31 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My dealing with Burris has also been less than impressive. I have a rifle scope I sent back twice. Both times it was returned without any paper work or explanation of any kind, and the problem uncorrected.

Although, I do have one of their hendgun scopes on a 7-30 Waters Contender which is working out real well. With all the other good scopes to chose from today, I don't think I'd risk buying Burris again.

One of Us
Picture of Coltchris
posted Hide Post
Over the years, I've sent (2) scopes back to Burris for repairs with great results. Received both back in 10-14 days totally corrected at no charge. I've had no problems with Burris Customer Service.

Talk is cheap - except when Congress does it.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to
take an ass whoopin'

NRA Life Member

Posts: 837 | Location: NW Michigan | Registered: 02 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted Hide Post
Amongst the 100+ scopes I have at the moment, there are several Burris handgun scopes on various Contender barrels. All have worked flawlessly since 1983, except one which I bought in 1991. It still works great but obviously hasn't been around as long.

A friend has a new (under 1 year old) Burris variable on his Ruger No. 1-A in 7x57. I have shot this rifle several different times, and its scope has a crystal clear picture and is holding zero well. He bought it because his other rifles also wear Burris and he is tickled with his experiences with them.

Still I have no doubt they have made some bad ones too...individual mileage will probably vary as with any make.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote