New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help on Weaver K6
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Weaver (El Paso )K6 that has been on a .22 that was left to me by my Dad. I was thinking of sending it in to get an overhaul. Can anyone recommend a firm that specializes in re-furbs for period Weaver scopes and about what is the going rate? Were these scopes nitrogen filled is did that come later?
Thanks,
Bruce

Posts: 514 | Location: now in Lower Slower Delaware | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the only place I know that now work on older Weaver scopes.
I have never had to use their services, so I have no idea what they charge, or how long repairs take. But, I do have a half dozen of the steel tube Weaver's and some need work.

Iron Sight Inc. Redfield/Weaver (El Paso Scopes)
4814 South Elwood Ave
Tulsa, OK 74107
918-445-2001 or 918-521-7736
http://www.ironsightinc.com/

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DMB,
Thanks for your reply. Exactly what I was looking for.
Regards,
Bruce

Posts: 514 | Location: now in Lower Slower Delaware | Registered: 21 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nothing could beat the now defunct Weaver Repair Service for quality, price and turn around time. IronSight has supposedly acquired the inventory of remaining Weaver parts. I have used them once. The turn around time was about 6 months, but they are doing other brands as well so I am sure they have more of a backlog than the old Weaver service.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtC:
Nothing could beat the now defunct Weaver Repair Service for quality, price and turn around time. IronSight has supposedly acquired the inventory of remaining Weaver parts. I have used them once. The turn around time was about 6 months, but they are doing other brands as well so I am sure they have more of a backlog than the old Weaver service.

Kurt,

Just curious, do you know if Iron Sight is a one man operation?

TIA,

Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't believe so. The paperwork that came back with the scope indicated that there are several different technicians.

Posts: 2036 | Location: Roebling, NJ 08554 | Registered: 20 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KurtC:
I don't believe so. The paperwork that came back with the scope indicated that there are several different technicians.

Thanks.
The reason I asked is because they were a full time operation before taking on the old Weaver scope repairs. I was thinking they may have bit off more than they could chew.
A six months wait for a scope repair isn't customer friendly. thumbdown

Don