New
Find
Notify
Tools

Price of Swarovski 3-9x36 Habicht?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is a fair price for a lightly used Swarovski 3-9x36 Habicht? A guy wants to trade me a gun with the scope mounted and I have little knowledge of the current value of this scope. And, is there any significant difference in the price of this scope between glossy and matte finish?

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Swarovski scope that I put on a favorite rifle.

I got it because I just had to have a 'Swaro'

At least you can say you paid less.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just compared it to others and it's crosshairs turn pink from the over head florescent light.

The cross hairs on an old Redfield 2-7 don't turn pink. I put that scope on a rifle I want to sell.

The Redfield was one of the 6 extra scopes on top of the cabinet.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Comparing the 'Swaro' to my Kahles here I can see that the K's crosshairs don't turn pink like the 'Swaro's do.

But then only you and I will know the difference and the ladies will think we have 'Swaro' jewelry.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would put a value of $450 on it if it is in really good shape.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JGRaider:
I would put a value of $450 on it if it is in really good shape.
Thanks, JG, that is the kind of information I was looking for.

Anyone else have a significantly different figure in mind, lower or higher?

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of larrys01
posted Hide Post
Check E-Bay. You can see what they are selling for. I think you will find they go for a slightly higher price.

Posts: 1525 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
They might go for more, but they certainly aren't worth much more than that.

If it is perfect maybe $450.

Remember you are getting the Swarovski equivalent of a Vari-X that is 15-25 years old.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larrys01:
Check E-Bay. You can see what they are selling for. I think you will find they go for a slightly higher price.

I did check eBay. There are higher asking prices, but few actually sell for much higher prices. Looks like $500 is around the top; maybe a tad more if the condition is pristine. And like hunting rifles, they probably sell better in September than in March. A listing with a minimum bid of $650 that never sells tells you that figure is over the top, not at the top.

THANKS for all of the help guys. This will allow me to make a more informed offer on the trade.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are good optics !!! Well above the Vari-x or VX IMHO. Swarovski has great customer service as well. $500 for as new in box would be a good price.

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leemar28:
They are good optics !!! Well above the Vari-x or VX IMHO. Swarovski has great customer service as well. $500 for as new in box would be a good price.

I agree! No way I would trade mine for any Looopold.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchlambert:
quote:
Originally posted by leemar28:

I agree! No way I would trade mine for any Looopold.

+1

Ya--Sergut Optik

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote