THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Swarovski Z6 1-6x30 EE on Ruger no.1 or on a double rifle?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski Z6 1-6x30 EE on Ruger no.1 or on a double rifle?
 Login/Join

posted
Has anyone mounted such a scope on the no.1 ?The eye-relief is a very generous 5", but this puts the scope very far forward in the existing mount. Has anyone tried to modify to mount or put a new quarter rib on it ?
I am also interested in hearing if anyone has put the same scope on a double rifle. Here again I would think a claw mount is not possible without a very long quarter rib. Pictures will be most welcome! Thanks.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tried to put one on my Blaser S2 (with the saddle mount) because the "normal" Z6i 1-6x wasn't in stock. It was possible, but I had to put the scope completely forward in the rings.
Eventually, I decided to wait untill the other one was in stock.

Proud DRSS member

one of us
posted Hide Post
Since you have a Ruger, you have a pretty simple option.

Get the Z6 scope, but you don't need the EE (extended eye-relief) model.

Choose the rail-mount option for your scope, and Swarovski makes Ruger attachments for the rail.

With the rail-mount, you can slide the scope forward or backwards to your liking: half and inch from your eye, or 4 inches away. Your choice.

That's what I am doing for single shot I have.
Not having to worry about rings solves a lot of problems.

Garrett

Posts: 987 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 23 June 2003Reply With Quote