THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Anyone have experience with Pride Fowler scopes...?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have experience with Pride Fowler scopes...?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
All,

I am seriously considering a pride fowler scope for a Kimber 22, however, really don't know much about them and would like to hear from anyone that has used them.

I am very interested to know if it has critical eye relief for one thing as this will go on a hunting rifle so quick sight-picture acquisition is a real conern.

Any input welcome!

TIA,

Bob

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have the 3-9X 32mm PFI 22 LR Rapid Reticle on a custom XP-100 20 BR, and will be working it up very soon for coyote fur hunting. I really like the reticle, and although it doesn't have a parallax adjustment it seems to be pretty good to beyond 400 yds. or so. the reticle does get smaller @ 3X, but not impossible to use. Eye relief seems relatively noncritical to me. it's a hefty 3-9X 32 mm scope, and seems very solidly built.

Jacob Gottfredson gave them a very positive writeup in PS magazine a year or so ago.

Steve

Posts: 926 | Location: pueblo.co | Registered: 03 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
I tried to buy one. They do not respond to email. Had my dealer try to set up an account -- they won't return his calls or send an order form.

Other than that, they look real good.... LOL! Dutch.

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TC1
posted Hide Post
I have one and really like it. Mine is the .22LR 3X9 model I love the reticle. I've actually been able to pop beer cans at 200yds with it!

Opictly (made up word Big Grin) it reminds me of a Burris FFII. Plenty of eye relief but your eye needs to be right behind the scope to get a good sight picture. This might be why the scope never suffers from any noticeable paralex problems.

Terry

--------------------------------------------

Well, other than that Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?

Posts: 6315 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 18 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
guys,

thanks for the input!

the one i am looking at is the 22lr model, so your feedback is great.

how are your scopes in terms of being clear (nt distorted) all the way to the edge of the image?

Terry- i completely undestand what you mean about being like a ffII. i have one of those and like it quite a bit.

by the way, john pride responded to an email i sent within 2 days, which i thought was a-ok.

thanks,

Bob

one of us
Picture of Dutch
posted Hide Post
quote:

by the way, john pride responded to an email i sent within 2 days, which i thought was a-ok.

thanks,

Bob

Ask him to answer mine. It's only about 3 months old.... LOL!

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog.

Posts: 4564 | Location: Idaho Falls, ID, USA | Registered: 21 September 2000Reply With Quote