New
Find
Notify
Tools

ANY OPINIONS?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Burris Sig Safari 1.75-5x32(std plex)vs Leupold VXlll 1.75-6x32(hvy plex). I'll be using one or the other on a lt wt .300 for closeup shots to maybe 300 yds. How about low light comparisons? ANY info is helpful!!

til later

one of us
posted Hide Post
Leupie all the way, although if you're really planning on 300 yd shots the heavy plex may be a problem, but good for low light.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Clayman
posted Hide Post
Normally, I would have said it was a draw, but after several mediocre experiences with Burris products, we've sworn them off forever. Go the Leupold and don't look back.

EDIT: Also, I'd look into getting either a regular duplex or the German #4 reticle in leiu of the heavy duplex. I just got a scope with the #4 and I LOVE it! I honestly think it's the best hunting reticle out there.

Posts: 1225 | Location: Gilbertsville, PA | Registered: 08 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I too, find Burris scopes to be of mediocre quality. I have never been disappointed with Leupold, not even the VXI. But that's just my opinion. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote