New
Find
Notify
Tools

Scope Question
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I mounted a four power weaver on a CZ 375 and bore sighted it for a hundred yards. Fired two shots and it shot a foot low and six inches to the left. So for the fun of it I put a white dot six inches to the right of the bulls eye and a foot above the bulls eye. Then with my laser on the bulls eye I move the cross hairs to the white dot. Fired a number of shots and there in my bulls eye. Whats going on ? Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the problem? Seems like it's now sighted in.

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As JAL has siad you now have it sighted in.

What it sounds like though by your question is why did you have to move the cross hair in the scope?

You are assuming that your scope hairs after mounting are exactly over the bore center of the rifle. If that were the case, you would not have to move it to the right. Most of the time you are not exactly on, and a few mils can make a big difference.

Your vertically is due to the scope is ~ 2 to 3 inches above the bore and that will naturally but the bullet lower. If it (scope) could be placed exactly at the bore height you would not need to adjust it that much.

Does that answer your question?

Posts: 270 | Location: Cedar Rapids IA | Registered: 02 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok that makes some sence to me but other times with my bore sighter I would move my cross hairs to the red dot at a hundred yards and it shot fine but this time it was off so much.And could not figure out what was different. The difference with this mounting is I am using scope mounts that are open on the bottom so a guy can still use the open sights. So this dose make some sence to me thank you Bill