Notify
Tools

Weaver / Pica QR Rings?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted
Dear Friends!

Which are the most desirable Weaver / Picatinny Rings?

I have not had bad results with UTG.

Warne ... so, so.

Some scopes "turn", even tightened down SOLID. Also the levelling process is extremely difficult.

Leupolds have a curious kind of separation, not 50 : 50. Also not the best Rep.

Recknagels have s SOLID reputation in Germany, but are heavy and EXPENSIVE!

Pls tell me your opinions, TIA, Hermann

formerly, before software update, known as "aHunter", lost 1000 posts in a minute

Posts: 339 | Location: Middle Europe | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DesertRam
posted Hide Post
I like and use Burris Signature series rings with the polymer inserts.

Posts: 3301 | Location: Southern NM USA | Registered: 01 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
What rifle do you want to mount the scope on?

I have used Weaver rings and found them OK but now prefer the Redfield/Leupold type with lateral adjustments at the back. With a coin or broad screwdriver in your pocket, you can swing the scope off in a moment - in case it is too powerful to make the quietus Smiler

I guess there is a place for Picatinny rails but they look ugly to me.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sambarman338:

I guess there is a place for Picatinny rails but they look ugly to me.

That´s true.

I am gonna change the Pica Rail on my Winchester 70 Featherweight ( current Production ) to Steel Weaver Bases, as on my Win 70 Safari Express, current production, .375 H & H.

Hermann

formerly, before software update, known as "aHunter", lost 1000 posts in a minute

Posts: 339 | Location: Middle Europe | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
For rings which fit the Weaver-type base (as well as Picatinny rails) I like the Burris Z-rings. They are all steel and well-made. I've also used the Millett Crossloc rings, which are also all-steel. They have the added advantage of being adjustable both front and back for windage, which can be helpful on rifle on which the mounting holes are drilled slightly out of alignment with the bore.

I don't particularly care for plastic ring inserts as I regard steel-on-steel as more dependable, however, the Burris Signature Zee rings can come in handy if you have significant misalignment of the mounting system since the plastic inserts are eccentric and can be turned to compensate for misalignment.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
I´ll look up the Burris Z Rings - IF I can get them in Europe.

thx, Hermann

One of Us
Picture of Arminius
posted Hide Post
They have only ONE screw per Ring side!

No.

Simply no.

I have to look and ask for good rings furthermore.

Hermann