New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanted: Night vision binocular
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just returned from the Kalahari. What a pity that we didn´t have night vision binoculars with us! Any recommendations available? The product should be affordable of course, not too heavy and I would prefer one where I can look through using both eyes.

Posts: 640 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
if you really want to see something through it you have to go to gen III. a monocular will set you back about 1400, binos in gen III are about 2500. affordable and night vision are 2 seperate terms unfortunately. gen I are great for moonlight nites at less than 50 yds, gen II will extend that range to 80-100 yds. if you really want to go all the way with III+ expect a bill of about 5000

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
oops forgot - the best are th us made stuff, the russian stuff is about a gen behind. also for the really good stuff - they're not to leave the county

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LionHunter
posted Hide Post
A little known fact is that night vision devices may not be taken out of the country as they are declared to be of use to foreign military and terrorists. However, I've never been stopped or asked, either going or coming back.

Mike
NRA Life
Sables Life
Mzuri
IPHA

"To be a Marine is enough."

Posts: 3577 | Location: Silicon Valley | Registered: 19 November 2008Reply With Quote