New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tip of the cap to Zeiss
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I needed a set of objective lens caps for a Zeiss binocular. Two days later they arrived free of charge with Zeiss' compliments! At the same time I ordered a set from Swarovski for my old 8x30 binocular. No problem $37.50! Guess who wins all ties with me from now on.

Posts: 3073 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
At least that's cheaper than Heym strikers: $A700 a pair! I only agreed to the price because I thought I was getting spare tumblers and mainsprings, too, when ordering them.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LJS,

I agree also, Zeiss has been very good to me.

To my horror; managed to bounce an almost brand new pair of Dialyt 8x56B's down a long-g-g flight of stairs Eeker and recently ripped the rubber ocular cover off my 3-12x56 Diavari in a Fire Drill vehicle exit. Both repaired quickly and with Zeiss' compliments.

Whereas S&B, Doctor & Swarovski (and Kahles of course) add insult to injury for every presumed slight with their overpriced service invoices and then charge you for the return postage as well.

I'm not too awful hard on equipment but when you hunt as much as I do, the Grinch is ever present.

Sad to see last night on the evening news that Carl Zeiss took a 30% hit on their annual earnings; hope it doesn't reflect upon their Sports Optics division.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote