New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any feedback on a Meopta RD1 1.5-6?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Found one half price in bargain cave looks like a decent scope maybe a bit shy on eye relief(what else is new)but appears good glass and illumination and german 4 reticle. Near half price I think it will look good on my 375 safari express as I was not happy with the scope on it. Never heard anything about these at least have a U.S.A. warranty center

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
If the eye-box is flexible, you might be able to mount the scope a fraction forward of ideal and just make do with the reduced FoV. Also, if it has anything in common with scopes of yore, you might find the eye relief at 1.5 or 2x is much longer than at the higher powers - and on a DG rifle, use of the higher powers should be the exception.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
True, and eye relief on a 10 lb 375 is not as critical. The the relief does fluctuate with power but this will probably get more use at 6 than 1.5

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Eye relief seems adequate but the large objective bell (42mm) means it can't sit on my safari express but should suck up light. Glass is very good great illumination (daylight as well) supposed HD erector for big boomers. Barely fit on my 375 stainless which has a different fixed rear sight but it is tight. Would like lower but aint gonna happen. This is what happens when you get a "deal" lol

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Have you bought it yet? If so, it's getting a bit late for others' criticism, so don't read any further.

If you haven't bought it yet, maybe something smaller would be better. I've heard the 1.5-6x concept was thought of with the .375 magnum in mind but the old scopes tended to only have 36mm objectives - and even they were a bit on the big side. I've got several, incl. a Nickel on my .338 but it is bigger and more vulnerable than the little Kahles 2-7 I used for three decades.

I don't suppose you could get a similar deal on the 1-4x? Unless you are shooting big cats over baits, the objective is probably big enough and 4x really is sufficient magnification for big game under sporting distances. The link below has some discount and that merchant seems to give observed rather than nominal specs.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/m...roof-riflescope.html

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote