New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the best rangefinder?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
What is the best rangefinder between Leica LCR 1200 or Zeiss Victory 8 x 26?
I need a rangefinder and I'm confused about who is the best, light and small devices, between this two.
Regards.
Hector

Posts: 328 | Location: San Martin de los Andes, Argentina | Registered: 01 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
I would take the CRF 800 (as it has the best price/value ratio on the market and proven design) or if necessary the CRF 1200, BUT if money does not take care - technaly the best is the Swarovski Laserguide... I have meassured with that one up to 1750 meters handhold...

http://www.titanium-gunworks.c...aser-guide-8x30.html

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
I have the Leica CRF 1200 and my buddy has the Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30. We ranged numerous objects from 15 yards out to over 900 yards. Each time both rangefinders were never more than 1 yard difference. There is no discernible difference in light gathering that we could tell, even as dark set in. The Leica is more ergonomically friendly and hundreds of $$ less expensive.

I love Swarovski, but the Leica is a better value.

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BHW:
I have the Leica CRF 1200 and my buddy has the Swarovski Laser Guide 8x30. We ranged numerous objects from 15 yards out to over 900 yards. Each time both rangefinders were never more than 1 yard difference. There is no discernible difference in light gathering that we could tell, even as dark set in. The Leica is more ergonomically friendly and hundreds of $$ less expensive.

I love Swarovski, but the Leica is a better value.

FAC - but the difference between those 2 comes in bad light situations or in ranges behind the 700m mark - then the Swaro shows his stronger and better meassuring system, but how often would this happen???

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote