New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canon image stabilizer binoculars
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Local pawn shop had canon 15x 50 with image stabilizing binoculars.

https://www.usa.canon.com/inte...-x-50-is-all-weather

Went home took a couple of spotting scopes I never use and traded them in with some money for these binoculars.

I hate anything over 8x - so I am very please and surprise I actually like using this binoculars.

The image stabilizer works and uses simple aa batteries.

This will get use at the range for checking targets, maybe in deer blind, birding and chasing tarpon this Summer.

Glad I got rid of my spotting scopes I never use.

Worth checking these out.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
I almost purchased one of these a few years ago but I was worried about the glass clarity when looking at details such as counting tines or birding. How would you rate these if someone was going to purchase them for birding or glassing game?

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They're big, bulky, terrible field of view, barely adequate eye relief, and rely on batteries. To get the most out of them you need a tripod. That would probably be the last bino I'd take to the field.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Buglemintoday:
I almost purchased one of these a few years ago but I was worried about the glass clarity when looking at details such as counting tines or birding. How would you rate these if someone was going to purchase them for birding or glassing game?

On my backyard bird feeder - it’s pretty good. For a 15x I can actually use them. Normally I don’t like anything more than 8x.

I have no interest in using a tripod.

I plan to use them at tiger waterholes in India.

I plan to use them chasing tarpon off the Florida coast. They have a marine use background.

I plan to use them at the range up to 100 yard on paper and shooting metal up to 300.

I may take them in the elevated blind this deer season.

I would not take it on stalking hunt in Africa but they would be cool at a waterhole.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Canon makes excellent glass. They seem to fit perfect for your scenarios. What’s not to like. Enjoy them. I always hoped Canon would get into the conventional hunting binocular bussiness.

Posts: 1023 | Location: Brooksville, FL. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, I own a pair of Canon 10x Image Stabilizer binoculars. I have previously reported my love of these! I first came across them in 2005 when my PH in Namibia had a pair. I came home and bought a pair for myself! Love 'em!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10515 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote