New
Find
Notify
Tools

zeiss warranty and turnaround
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm not having a very good weekend. I also have a post in reloading on TSX problems. I have a Zeiss Conquest 4.5-14X44 that either has oil or glue, or a big chip in the inside of the eyepiece glass. I was just wondering if anyone has dealt with Zeiss' customer service before. I will need it back asap. The store I bought it from is calling right away on Tues. but what some companies say and what actually happen are often 2 different thing when it comes to e.t.a. Thanks for any imput.

Posts: 108 | Location: West Fargo, ND | Registered: 16 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
I hate to hear that.

I had a 3.5-10x Conquest fail, returned it through the gun shop where I purchased it.
I followed up on it by calling the Zeiss CS dept.
It was replaced within 2 weeks time, if that's any consolation.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's good to hear. I am running out tomorrow to try to develop a load just in case I don't get it back for a while. It is still 9 weeks till deer season, but I don't want to have to try to do the load development right before season and have to be rushed. It is still farely shootable but the blur comes into play at even 200 yds. The guys at the shop I bought it from thought I was joking when I called. They had never heard of a problem with Zeiss before let alone something like this. Thanks for the info.

Posts: 108 | Location: West Fargo, ND | Registered: 16 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had an early 3-9x40 MC go south on a .338 WM. Zeiss replaced it with no comment. I had a new scope within a week of the time I shipped it to them.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's good to hear from guys who have had good service from Zeiss.

Don

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I brought the scope back to the store I bought it from and they called Zeiss today. Zeiss told them that if they replace it, it will be 2-3 weeks. If they repair it, 9-10 weeks. They said mine sounds repairable. They store and I were not happy so they called their distributer and I'll have my new scope in 2-3 days. He said he'll take care of it and I get a new scope. I'm not really mad at Zeiss, they're probably busy right before hunting season, but 9-10 weeks? Do they really have that many coming back?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brad,

Good move on your part, contacting the distributor. Sure beats a 10 week turn around, or, maybe even longer. Those people who tell us that it will take 10 weeks aren't the ones doing the repair. The 10 weeks they state is only an estimate.

Don