New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zeiss Conquest against a Diavari
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was out shooting with my Grandson and he said his US made Zeiss was much better than my Conquest. After looking through it, I agreed. I have several Conquest, but I bought his several years ago and never paid any attention. Was it a predecessor to the Conquest?

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
I have three of each. IMO the Diavaris have bettr low light performance, better color resolution and better clarty. The difference is not huge, but you can tell, most easily in very low light conditions.

Posts: 962 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Since my Grandson will be playing college football the next 4 years, maybe I need to borrow his scope as he will be busy during white tail season.

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
The Conquest was American made...now made in Germany but the Diavari has always been made in Germany. It should look superior to your Conquest as it is a better quality and more expensive optic.

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My Diavari says made in the USA. I have had it many years.

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
It must be a Diavari C?

Posts: 1857 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 27 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir,
It is a C. What is different from the Conquest other than this particular one has superior optics.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
the conquest starts with a C and diavari starts with a D Big Grin hilbily i have both and i think the D has better glass, but i doubt that in reality there is much of a difference

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, do you really know what my DiavariC happens to be? rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
What exactly is written on the eyepiece ? This will help identify it.

If it was made in the USA I believe it will have the MC coatings of the Conquest. From what you say, the lenses are obviously superior to the Conquest and (again) I believe probably sourced from europe.

The euro made Diavari C has better coatings and some models appreciate in value. Rare in optics.

The conquest appears to have been a marketing venture to steal sales from the mid level optics market in the US dominated by Leupold.

Posts: 1433 | Location: Australia | Registered: 21 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is marked Diavari C 3X9 and says made in the USA.

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
.. and the objective lens is what size ? a 32/36 ? Probably the only thing I can add is that it's resale is up close to 1/2 that of the German version.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh it's not for sale. Too good to let go. It has the same objective as all my Conquest.

One of Us
Picture of Code4
posted Hide Post
Still a very good scope. I wouldn't sell it either Smiler

One of Us
Picture of sheephunterab
posted Hide Post
The Diavari C was basically a predecessor to the Conquest. I would say the new Conquest HD would offer superior optics. The original Conquest should have pretty much been on par with it....perhaps slightly inferior.