New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redfield Accu-trac ques?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Redfield 6-18 x 50(?) mounted on my Sav 22-250. I believe it is what is called the Accu-trac. I bought the rifle second hand with the scope mounted. I have figured out how to use the rangefinding capabilities and like the feature.
However, occasionally, and sometimes often, when I'm really zoomed in on a groundhog or something at considerable distance, when I squeeze off a round, I'll have to readjust the eyepiece to see anything. It gets so far out of focus I can't even see if I got a good shot or not. Eyepiece will have to be adjusted from one extreme to the other.
Anything I can try to do to this scope? Am I screwed?

Posts: 139 | Location: Fairmont, WV | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CharlieHo:
I have a Redfield 6-18 x 50(?) mounted on my Sav 22-250. I believe it is what is called the Accu-trac. I bought the rifle second hand with the scope mounted. I have figured out how to use the rangefinding capabilities and like the feature.
However, occasionally, and sometimes often, when I'm really zoomed in on a groundhog or something at considerable distance, when I squeeze off a round, I'll have to readjust the eyepiece to see anything. It gets so far out of focus I can't even see if I got a good shot or not. Eyepiece will have to be adjusted from one extreme to the other.
Anything I can try to do to this scope? Am I screwed?

Assuming you've tightened the locking ring for the ocular lens it sounds like the lens are shifting inside the scope. There used to be a gentleman in the Denver area that repaired Redfields but I've lost track of him (anyone know?). However, Blount bought all of Redfields assets and repairs Redfield scopes. Try www.blount.com/Redfield for info. Probably will cost you but only you can decide what the AccuTrac system is worth to you.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found the Denver place; this would be my first place to check with.

http://www.abousainc.com/sub1.htm

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote