Find
Notify
Tools

Kahles with MultiZero
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Johanv
posted
Has anyone used the Kahles with MultiZero rifle scopes before. What are your opinion? Are there any advantage to use this scope on a .338 win mag? Still searching for a scope!
Cheers Johan

Posts: 160 | Location: Johannesburg- South Africa | Registered: 27 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of woods
posted Hide Post
Hey Johan

I just got a Kahles 4x12x52 MZ scope and after fooling with it understand how it works now, but have not used it in the field. Of course, the MZ will be a advantage in that you can put it on any rifle or set it for any load.

If you go to this Kahles site and download one of the videos (I used the .wmv one) it will give you a demonstration of the MZ.

Another option for the 338 win mag would be to get a TDS reticle in a Swarovski or in a discontinued Kahles AH and it will fit the trajectory of the 338 real close. Also the Burris Ballistic Plex reticle (not the Ballistic Mil Dot) will fit the 338 trajectory.

IMO, if I were buying a new scope I would look seriously at the Swarovski with the TDS. Great scopes and more convenient to use. A 338 is used mostly for walk hunting and maybe quick shots and the reticle already being in the scope might be better than having to reach up and set the range on the turret. I'm using my MZ on a 26" barreled 280AI for long range stand hunting.

This Swarovski would be a sweet scope for a 338.

Chinese Proverb: When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.

Posts: 2750 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote