Find
Notify
Tools

cabelas scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted
Does anybody have any experience with a cabelas pine ridge scope?

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
They have a great return policy -- and they use it a LOT on these scopes. Big Grin

While I am not fond of the Cabela's Alaskan Guide Series either, that lineup is head and shoulders above the Pine Ridge offerings.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9374 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of CAG's 12X50 and optical they are excellent. I compared them with a like pair of Sw's and just could not see the $ difference.

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had a pine ridge 6-18 and it was unuseable at high magnification.
Lower mag scopes may be ok for plinking.
Sent it back.
Would not buy another.

One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
what about a nikon buckmaster 6-18?

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the nikon buckmaster 6-18 I have one on a 243 that I use for shooting prariedogs, but I will soon change it out for a shephered scope. I would buy the monarch model, I think that the glass on that is much clearer, but all in all, the Buckmaster is a good scope.

Posts: 33 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 26 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The BuckMaster and Monarch lineups feature tremendous quality for the price.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9374 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with Bobby. The Buckmaster and Monarch scopes are excellent values for the money. While the Monarchs, I think, are worth the price difference over the Buckmaster, it too is a very good scope. In its price range, it can't be beat.

The only complaint I had about my 6-18x was that the eyebox got a little touchy above 14x. Otherwise a very nice scope and very useable at the high magnifications unlike some other scopes where the higher end of the magnification range is mostly useless.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of seafire2
posted Hide Post
My experiences with the Cabelas has been the Pine Ridge 4 power and 6 power...

I have two of each...

for the price, the optics are not bad... with my eyesight good glass is almost a waste of money...

both have been solid performers.. I originally bought a 6 power as a back up scope for a Model 70 in 243... mounted it.. took it to the range to site it in... usually don't do this, but took a shot at 100 yds.... dead center bullseye right out of the box.... a fluke yeah, but still kinda cool...

I don't use any one of them on hard kickers and they are straight powers, so they are not a servere service environments..

one 6 power is mounted on a 10/22 with a Butler Creek carbonFibre barrel and a Hogue Rubber Stock...and really is well suited to that application for shooting sage rats...

The last time I was in a Cabelas up in Washington, I was looking at Varmint Scopes and their $400.00 Cabelas model, actually was the clearest optics of about a dozen scopes I looked at... which included the Swarofski, Doctor, Leupolds, Nikons, Nightforce, Sightron etc..

not that it is up to their quality maybe, but it did have awfully clear optics and Cabelas does back them up quite well..

Life Member: The American Vast Right Wing Conspiracy

Jan 20, 2009.. Prisoner in Dumocrat 'Occupied America', Partisan in the 'Save America' Underground

Beavis..... James Beavis..... Of Her Majesty's Secret Service..... Spell Check Division

"Posterity — you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."
John Quincy Adams

A reporter did a human-interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 the Ranger was carrying and asked him "Why do you carry a 45?" The Ranger responded, "Because they don't make a 46."

Duhboy....Nuttier than Squirrel Poop...

Posts: 9316 | Location: Between Confusion and Lunacy ( Portland OR & San Francisco CA) | Registered: 12 September 2007Reply With Quote