Find
Notify
Tools

Scout scope options??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Lads,

In another post, someone was discussing Leupold scout scopes. I have need for such a scope, but would rather not pay $200. I'll be mounting it on an SKS which is probably worth less than the scope.

I know red-dots will work, but is a pistol scope also an option? Is there a range of eye relief lengths that make one scope more versatile than another?

Looking for something inexpensive, but I don't want to waste even a little money (hula-hoop demand/sales dropping off limiting my cash flow Big Grin)

I have several red-dots, but would like something with a bit of magnification.

As always, your input is greatly appreciated.

Mike

Si vis pacem... parabellum

Posts: 236 | Location: MI's beautiful UP | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
I have a Target brand scope from CDNN. check your pm

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/tasp2piscnew.html

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post

Leupold 2X EER mounted on a K98 in 9,3x62

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

You should receive an envelope middle of next week (holiday permitting).

Thanks,

Mike

Posts: 236 | Location: MI's beautiful UP | Registered: 05 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of richj
posted Hide Post
Mike..thanks

Andres

Nice scope mount. Here's my Swed, "custom Mount" Smiler Bushnell 2-6x eer.

Posts: 6484 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In another post, someone was discussing Leupold scout scopes. I have need for such a scope, but would rather not pay $200. I'll be mounting it on an SKS which is probably worth less than the scope.

I agree that an SKS is "worth" less than a Leupold scope, but I'm astounded that people are currently asking, and apparently getting, up to $400 for a friggin' SKS. If you have one you don't really need, now would be a great time to dispose of it. After the "political" gun bubble subsides they'll be back in the below-$200 range.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rich,

Your rifle shows that form and function trump fluff and fancy.

If it shoots... SHOOT IT. If it just looks fancy, hang it on the wall. No flame against beautiful, good shooting guns, but for mine to see the light of day during hunting season it has to stand up to rain/snow in the cedar swamps!! Bumps and scratches are badges of honor.

Stonecreek!!! Boy are you right on! In fact, I'm waiting for a "black gun" to hit the local shop so I can trade out an excess Yugo SKS and a Ruger Ranch - holding on to both until a transfer is immenent (just like having a large cap 223 around). A friend of mine once said "guns are a good place to hide money"... well, their time has come!!!

I used to think of scout-configured rifles as looking wierd and unbalanced until a friend took a picture of me holding one (by comparison, IT was not the weird, unbalanced one) hilbily

Spending the holiday out at camp (280 acres in the middle of EBF in the UP) and taking several guns to play with. Dogs, guns, good books and good beer... does it get any better (OH... btw... wife's out of town visiting relatives - there... complete Big Grin)

Mike