New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ruger No. 1 scope mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
First Merry Christmas to all. I have an older ( bicentenial edition) Ruger No. 1 in 300 Win Mag that I am trying to mount a Swarovski Z6 on. I purchased Ruger rings and put them on the quarter rib. Prior to putting the top caps on I used my Wheeler scope alignment tool to check alignment. I couldnt believe how far out they were. I put the top caps on with the alignment bar in place and tightened them down a Little to see if they would "correct" and they do not. They are at least 1/16" out vertically and just a little less horizontally. Are these adjustable?, any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any assistance
Jose

Posts: 123 | Location: Vero Beach, FL | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sounds like you got ruger 77 rings instead of #1 rings

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It wouldn't surprise me. I ordered 30mm rings and they initially sent 1". On my end i didn't know there was a difference but I will ask Ruger tomorrow. Any thoughts on just returning the Rugers and going with Millet or S& K
Thanks for t.he input
Jose

Posts: 123 | Location: Vero Beach, FL | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
good choice, but next time go with rail mount...

http://www.titanium-gunworks.c...-and-zeiss-rail.html

unfortunally so far I haven´t made them for the SR-rail mount, just for the Zeiss mount...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1. I would not want to pay more for a mount base than I did for the rifle.
2. I would not want a scope that costs 2 or 3 times the cost of the rifle that would be useless on another rifle without another expensive rail mount.

It is easy enough to scope a Ruger number one with factory rings and a scope that is longer than normal from the turret to the occular end.

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote