New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon amber or green dot?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking at a trijicon 1x4 accupoint. The crosshair dot reticle comes in amber or green. Any advice from users as to which is better? Any feedback as wether the fiber optic illumination works (as opposed to battery operated illumination on other scopes)? Appreciate any insights. Thanks Paul W.

Posts: 46 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 05 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went with green only because I picked up that color easier and faster when achieving a sight picture.

It works very well, but in darkness, it won't be as bright as most quality, battery operated illumination systems.

Posts: 661 | Location: Below sea level. | Registered: 21 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you tygersman. I appreciate the input. Regards, Paul

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Paul, I have found green to be more visible than the amber. Illumination at night is more than adequate, if the reticle is too bright it blots out the sight picture. Trijicon is my favourite scope and have accounted for a couple of hyena and bushpig at night.

Posts: 400 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
the human eye can detect green in more different shades etc. than any other color

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two with the green triangle and love them-am planning on more

Posts: 6725 | Location: central Texas | Registered: 05 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys! Green it is. Paul

One of Us
posted Hide Post
DONT buy the dot ! It is too small and often not at the exact intesection of the CH. Buy the post.
I have a 1-4 and a 3-9 (amber). The 3-9 is on a 270 that will shoot sub moa groups and unlike the dot, the two legged (hollow) post makes holdover easy.

Posts: 801 | Location: Pinedale WY USA & Key West FL USA | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Green all the way
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Agreed - Green.

Now if Trijicon could be convinced to put a 3.5 MOA GREEN dot in their RMR reflex sight life would be good. 9MOA in the dual-illumination version is just TOO big.

Posts: 486 | Location: Moving | Registered: 23 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trijicon has drop the ball with accupoints scope for years,they should have a 1x6 or 1x8 to start with,they should have CDS turrets like leuplod years ago,