New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon Monarch on a Remington 700 ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a new Remington 700 in 7mm Remington Magnum. I see Cabela's has the Nikon Monarch 4-16X42 on sale for a good price, compared to the box stores around here anyway. The Monarch has a rather large looking ocular and turrets. What I am wondering will there be any issues with mounting this scope on my Remington? Thanks for your input.

Lonnie

Posts: 37 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i have the same setup, with no issues in mounting. also check ebay for the scopes, i found a brand new one on ebay cheaper then i could find one anywhere else by at least 30 bucks.

Posts: 783 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
I have a Nikon Monarch 5-20x44 SF in Warne mounts on my .308 Rem 700 Police (replaced issue stock with AICS) and never had a problem.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Most of the newer scopes have fat ocular housings to compensate for the field-of-view loss because of modern erector tubes, plus the fat rubber eyepiece we seem to need now. I doubt you would have any particular problems with this scope, though, considering you have to accommodate the largish objective bell, anyway.

I've got one of those Monarch 4-16 scopes and it fits on my Tikka OK with the original mounts supplied by the maker.

Posts: 5095 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a 3x9x40 Monarch on my 375 H&H MGA M700 and have had no problems.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote