Find
Notify
Tools

Leupold VX-2 on sale
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of onespeedbiker
posted
I recently bought a Leupold VX-2 3x9 from Optics Planet (.com), for $215 with a 10% off coupon (I've been told Leupold is selling off their VX-1 and VX-2 at a discount to make way for the new VX Freedom). I checked recently and see Optics Planet had lowered what was already a good price to $189.99 with the 10% coupon available. What was amazing to me is I contacted Optics Planet about the price being lowered right after I bought the scope and they refunded the difference without any questions! Anyway, if you are looking for scope in this price range, you might want to look at the VX-2 at Optics Planet.

one of us
posted Hide Post
that's as good a hunting scope as you can buy, most of my guns wear vari X1 or 11, and Ive used them to death in the worst of conditions, for 40 years and bought most of them second hand..That's a heck of a deal for the hunter.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41976 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own several VX-III's (or VX-3's) -- because I came across them at an attractive price. Thus I can compare them directly with my VX-I's and VX-II's (VX-2's). The difference in any of them is mostly in the price and the advertising hype.

That VX-2 3-9X is as good a hunting scope as you can buy. But I think Ray said that already.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cougarz
posted Hide Post
I've heard the VX-II's are being replaced by a new model so they are on sale. Now is the time to stock up.

The VX-III's do have noticibly better optics though. I once did a side by side comparison between a 2.5x8 VX-III and a 2x7 VX-II in a gunshop. The 2.5x8 was definitely clearer and brighter.

Roger

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2803 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for heads up.

Cats have nine lives. Which makes them ideal for experimentation...

Posts: 947 | Location: NYB | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I once did a side by side comparison between a 2.5x8 VX-III and a 2x7 VX-II in a gunshop

First, optical comparisons anywhere but outside where you can view at longer distances (and not through the store window) are pretty meaningless.

Second, what you were seeing in "optical" difference in the two scopes was the red-shift applied to the III glass which looks "brighter" to the human eye simply because the eye is more sensitive to that end of the color spectrum.

If you went outside and disregarded the red-shift you would find that the optical resolution of the two scopes is essentially identical.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can anybody provide a link to the coupons @ Optics Planet, not finding them for any Leupold VX2 scopes. Thanks.

Posts: 1144 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote