Find
Notify
Tools

Short Scope w/short Eye Relief?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Guys,

What's a short (sub 10" OAL) scope with short (sub 3.5") eye-relief? I've got a situation that calls for such a scope and it's on a minimally-recoiling 25-35. The older Burris minis are nice and short, but their 5" eye-relief won't work for my mounting situation.

Thanks,
Ian

Posts: 215 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: 14 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scope specs are notoriously inaccurate, so just looking at whatever the manufacturer publishes probably won't tell you much. What you likley need is not just "short" eye relief, but a wide window of eye relief. For instance, the 2.5 Leupold compact is listed as having a rather generous 5" eye relief, but I know from experience that you can place your eye much closer to the ocular lens and still see the entire sight picture without "black out". My advice would be to borrow one of those and try it to see.

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Stonecreek,

Many thanks for the reply; that's the first-hand experience that I was looking for. And that 2.5x Leupold is as short as they come at 8.0"

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ian:

I just checked one of my 2.5 Leupolds and measured the minimum eye relief at between 3.25" and 3.5". Don't know if this is short enough for your application, but that appears to be what it is.

Posts: 13247 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that's the case, then it will just work.

Now, you don't have one too many, do you? Smiler