Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell Legend Series 5X15
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey Guys,

I have 3 Bushnell Legend Series 5X15 Target scopes on a H and R Handi Rifle in a .223 and .243 and a Stevens 200 .223. I really like the optics and the ruggedness. Had the Handi's on hundreds of miles on my quad ( tough miles) and they hold zero. Just bought thes Stevens Saturday. Would like some feed back on the scope. Especially on heavier recoil calibers from 30-06 and up. My son wants to buy an 06 and I thought this would be a great scope for it. 200$ to 3004 depending on where we get it.
Your thoughts please.

Thanks,
Tony Smiler

Posts: 77 | Location: Sparks, Nevada | Registered: 09 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
not having a leupold tattoo on my postier i have to admit that i've had pretty good luck with the 3200 and 4200 series. at the moment natchez has a good sale going on with browning scopes (made by bushnell)

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Like butchloc said, Natchez has a great deal going on the Browning scopes which are much better than the Legend line. I'd step it up a notch and order a Browning for that 06. There's no way I'd trust a Legend on a big game rifle.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reloader:
Like butchloc said, Natchez has a great deal going on the Browning scopes which are much better than the Legend line. I'd step it up a notch and order a Browning for that 06. There's no way I'd trust a Legend on a big game rifle.

Good Luck

Reloader

Thanks Reloader and Butchloc for you replies.
All 3 Legends I have are on lighter recoil rifles. 2 of the .223 and 1 in a .243. They have held up real well, but I was just wondering about the heavier recoil rifles. Good to know this info and again thank you.

Tony wave

Posts: 77 | Location: Sparks, Nevada | Registered: 09 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
Tony,

I got the Natchez flyer today and they had the Browning 5-15x40s on for 199.

They are the same as the Bushnell 3200 Elite series with different coatings. I've heard the glass and coatings were better on the Browning versions but, I don't know how factual that is. They do not have the raingaurd coating. They do have the same lifetime warranty as the elite series through bushnell.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can give the Brownings a thumbs up. There a good deal at what Natchez is asking. I have 2.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Much better quality and reliability than a Leupold!

Posts: 257 | Location: The Greatest Country on Earth! | Registered: 04 October 2006Reply With Quote