New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinion of Trijicon rifle scopes?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
What is you opinion of Trijicon scopes and where are they made?

Posts: 99 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
Love mine. I have a "older" 1.25x4 accupoint - pre 2010 (when they still were putting the biblical refences on them). Mine is mounted on a 458 win mag and has made the trip to Africa. Love the way the tritium dot shows up - excellent in low light and was amazing on my buff hunt as light was fading. I actually switched to this rifle\scope late in the evening because of the advantage of the "lighted" dot. They are made in Michigan I believe. Have no issue recommending them. Just be aware that the high life is about 10 years so they will dim over time.

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 99 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 02 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of hunteratheart
posted Hide Post
quote:
be aware that the high life

Meant half life Smiler

DRSS
Sabatti 450\400 NE
Merkel 140-2 500 NE

Posts: 668 | Location: WA | Registered: 24 April 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two of the 1.25-4 models. One on a 223 and the other going on a 20 ga shotgun. Wasn't sure if it could handle the big bores but hunteratheart has confirmed that for me so I may end up moving it...

I like the model I have. Unfortunately, they don't make them anymore...

One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
I have a 3-9x40 (Crosshairs w/Green dot) on my CZ/AHR .375H&H and really like it.

Adequate eye relief, good field of view and the clarity is amazing. What's not to like?!

And yes, their offices and factory are in Michigan.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased an older Trijicon 3-9x40 with the post reticle.

Here's my take: it's one of the best HUNTING scopes on the market. The Reticle offers extremely fast acquisition and superb low light targeting.

The glass is not bad on the model I have, but it's not spectacular. I rank it just below the Conquest and VXIII scopes, but just by a hair. I can resolve more detail (albeit barely) with my 2.5-8x36 VXIII than with the Trijicon. Having said that for hunting purposes I find the Post reticle to be a much better reticle than the traditional duplex style.

The scopes in my safe include: Conquest 3-9, VXIII 2.5-8, Burris Signature Select 4-12x44, Leica 2.5-10x42 (2x #1's and 1x #4).

The Triji is my second favorite hunting scope behind the Leica's. For my eyes the Leica's the best glass I've seen, bar none.

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2319 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 2 of them, one is the 1-4 and the other is the 2.5 - 10. Like them very well. Fast acquisition and well made I think.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
What's the field blending like on their small variables?

Also, how do you pronounce Trijicon? Is it Tridg-ee-con, Try-jick-on or something from south of the border like Tree-hick-on?

Posts: 5119 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I say Tridge-a-con. It sounds good in Texican!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote