THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Bushnell TRS-25 RedDot sight - a Quick Review.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bushnell TRS-25 RedDot sight - a Quick Review.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of rnovi
posted
I mounted the TRS25 on a S&W 629 PC Light Hunter.

The Good: The battery compartment is very well made, secure, and holds the battery very securely. The dial has a very firm and dedicated feel of quality to it. The click adjustments on the sights feel solid and are easy to use. The 3 MOA dot is clear and works well at 50 yards.

The Bad: The 25mm tube is really quite small for speedy sight aquisition.

The Ugly. The mount didn't hold. The screw split in half and the Dot went sailing 8 FEET behind me.

So, here's my recommendation: The single mounting point of the Dot just doesn't appear that it can hold up to the recoil and snap of a .44 magnum.

If you read the literature, Bushnell doesn't make any representation on just how much recoil this Dot can handle. It simply says it's recoil-tested. It's certainly not up to the punishment of a 310gr. bullet at 1200fps - THAT much I can say!

So, I would have to say it's likely a very decent dot if mounted on something a little less recoil. I'd say it's probably perfect for a Turkey gun or smaller revolver / pistol or AR15/AK platform.

But for a higher recoiling revolver I'd have to say to look elsewere. Sorry!

Regards,

Robert

H4350! It stays crunchy in milk longer!

Posts: 2318 | Location: Greater Nashville, TN | Registered: 23 June 2006Reply With Quote