Find
Notify
Tools

Pentax Gameseeker scopes ???
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted
Has anyone checked them out?? They seem to be very low priced and have a "ballistic type" reticle. I'm wondering if these are equivalent to a Burris FF II or are they an even lesser scope than that ?

Elite Archery and High Country dealer.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
The 2 that I checked out were good, solid scopes but a tad behind the FFII in overall quality. The primary difference was lower edge-to-edge clarity and a lesser ability to resolve detail, particular at the higher power settings. But for the price, you're certainly getting a decent scope.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9403 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would agree they are a step behind the Burris FFII in clarity and overall image. I have a 4-12x40 on my CZ 452 17 HMR and it is working quite well. The 12 power could use AO for my purposes but works OK without it. So far so good on performance in dry field conditions but it is a rimfire so no real recoil test. It does get dragged around quite a bit since it is my squirrel control method and it has maintained it's zero. For my rifle the 2nd crosshair is about right at 175 yards but doesn't line up as well as the FFII. I picked it up to try it out and because I got it from Doug at Camerland NY for $129 shipped - too cheap to pass up at $50 less than the Burris 3-9. I have a Conquest on my go-to rifle and the Pentax isn't in the same league but it would be a great #2 gun scope from what I have seen.

Posts: 299 | Location: California | Registered: 10 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
I was thinking of using it on my Knight muzzleloader. I would get one of the lower power ones from Doug at Cameraland. I was thinking of the 1.5-6x40 . I was going to work out the yardages for the various cross hairs.

Posts: 931 | Location: Somewhere....... | Registered: 07 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
I think it would work well for that purpose.

Let us know how you like it.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9403 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I tested four Pentax 3-9X40 scopes last year for Rick Bin at the 24Hr Campfire, one from each line (Gameseeker, Pioneer, Whitetail, Lightseeker). The Gameseekers are assmbled in China for Pentax, and are their low end scope. Pentax supplies the glass for the other three lines, but I don't know that about the GS. Burris does the assembly for the others in the Phillipines or the US (going up in price).

I was very impressed with the scope as a $99 unit. The knocks were shorter eye relief and windage and elevation adjustments (they showed some cross-coupling).

If you figure out some "dope" for the ballistic reticle and your ML rifle, please post it.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bowhuntrrl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HunterJim:

If you figure out some "dope" for the ballistic reticle and your ML rifle, please post it.

jim

It wouldn't be too bad if I could figure out a BC for the bullets that I use, then I could get a starting point from a ballistics program.