New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swarovski Habicht 2.2-9X42mm
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've been offered a trade for a rifle with a Swarovski Habicht 2.2-9X42mm mounted on it. I have no idea how to value the scope. Can anyone help out?

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
Nick Stroebel estimated the Habicht Novas were worth between $900 and $1600 before the recession of 2008. By reference to ebay prices for other European scopes, I doubt if prices have increased much since then.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A good Nova (ring mount) is probably worth +/-$500 plus shipping.
I have bought a couple at that price. Good scope for the $$$

Posts: 1319 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonP:
A good Nova (ring mount) is probably worth +/-$500 plus shipping.
I have bought a couple at that price. Good scope for the $$$

That makes sense to me. While Nick's values for American scopes seem to have some relevance, I have bought many European ones way below his figures over the past four years.

Posts: 5015 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bobby Tomek
posted Hide Post
Mint versions command around $550. I've seen well-cared for scopes go for as low as 400, but around $500 is closer to the average of what I have seen.

Bobby
Μολὼν λαβέ
The most important thing in life is not what we do but how and why we do it. - Nana Mouskouri

Posts: 9376 | Location: Shiner TX USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the estimates, guys. Much appreciated.

Posts: 13242 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote