New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trijicon 3x9x40 scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just got back from a hog hunt with my srandson in south TX. I was using a TC encore in 338/06 with a trijicon scope mounted on it. My rifle amd my grandsons were packed in the same alum hard case. The trip was about 1000 mile in my pickup. The ranch I hunt in Tx requires you to fire any guns you plan to use and require a shot with one inch og thr bull.
It took 3 shots to see that my gun was shooting 12/15 inches low. (It was right on from my last trip to the range and placed in the case) Moved the scope the required clicks and fired the next round> This time over 8-10 inches high. Any ideas??? I went over the mounting screws on the base three times before mounting the scope

One of Us
Picture of sdeshazo
posted Hide Post
Very strange, I've been very happy with my Trijicon.

Posts: 224 | Location: St Augustine, Florida | Registered: 07 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505ED
posted Hide Post
Me too, my trijicon 1x4 has been one of the best scopes for the money. If somthing is wrong I know that Trijicon will stand behind it.

Ed

DRSS Member

Posts: 2289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Called Trijicon July 23 and they said send it back. They said that something was wrong with it. I did test in that morning and after being sighted in in Texas it was now 5 inches low and 2 inches left. I hope that they can fix it as it makes a great late in the day scope.

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I have had two Trijicon rifle scopes, the 3-9X40 and the 1.25-4X24. The 1.25-4X developed that symptom and went back for repair. They took care of it.

jim

if you're too busy to hunt,you're too busy.

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I called Trijicon and they advised that it be sent back. It arrive last FRI and they said that there was a 10 day turnaround. I will let you know how it shoot when I get it back

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't had a chance to try out the scope, but you can not complain about the service. It arrived at the factory on FRI and I got it back the next WED. I have never seen service so fast.

one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Charles,

Sounds like Leupold!...jim

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had a similar experience with a 1.5x5 vari x 111; the reticle was broken during airline travel; possibly recoil (it was on a 375). promptly repaired by leupold, no complaints since.
I was thinking of a Trijicon for my upcoming leopard hunt. should i be having second thoughts?

Posts: 523 | Location: wisconsin | Registered: 18 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
I had my Trijicon 3-9X40 on a .375 H&H with no problems noted, including leopard hunting. I would use mine again.

jim