Find
Notify
Tools

Brunton Spotting Scope?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Anyone have or use one? Oppinions?

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bought one this summer it's a 65 mm with ED glass and I think Floride too. Small, and lightweight which is why I wanted it. I've been using it at the range and I like it very much, especially considering the money spent (less than $500).
I can't remember the model, sorry. I think they only have one model with ED glass and it comes in two objective diameters.
Like I said it resolves detail well and is compact. I bought it for hunting out west and use at the range. I'm satisfied with it.

Posts: 85 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doug. I am looking at the 80mm with ED. It is the Eterna. I have one pair of Brunton bino's and like them. But before laying out the cash I was wondering what their spotters are like. I am yet to find one in any sporting goods store around here. I will try Billings this week.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I thought that was the spotter I wanted when I was looking for a new one. Until I took them both outside and compared. I was very surprised with the results. I figured bigger was better but was I wrong. The Nikon Fieldscope ED was brighter and clearer all the way to the edge. I got the Nikon and have been very happy.