THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    The personalized Ballistic Turrent on my Swarovski Scope

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The personalized Ballistic Turrent on my Swarovski Scope
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted
Well guys,

as some of You probably know, Swarovski is offering a personlized Balistic Cap (PBC) for their Ballistic Turrent now.

As I wanted one on my Remington Titanium and my Swaro Z6i 2,5-15x44 BT SR - I went into my hunting area with the brand new Chrono to meassure my loads:

data: .270 Win, 130grs Woodleigh PP, Vitav N550 powder (accuracy 17mm for 4 shots (about 2/3 inch)) - with the remarkable lightweight Titanium gun: Remington 700 Titanium, longer backshaft, glass bedded, Gentry 3-position safety, Heym custom Barrel, my own TITANIUM SCOPE MOUNT and the Z6i 2,5-15x44 BT SR)

The loads have been calculated MV of 918 m/s and the Chrono read 950 m/s ; 949 m/s ; 951 m/s - So I was realy happy with all 3 shots within such a tight range

Then You have to go to the Swarovski Setup Programm here to customize Your PBC:

http://pbc.swarovskioptik.com/

And with Your own Setups and the refference number you go to your Swarovsi dealer and order the PBC with that reference number.

About one week later You get your personalized BT Cap, removing the old rings and then it Looks like that:

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
I have not tried the Swarovski setup but I use those types of caps on a Schmidt-Bender and a Leupold. I really like them.

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tanks
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I have two of these scopes coming. Will definitely do that.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Southern CA | Registered: 01 January 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Genadier, where did you order your ballistic turret for the S&B?

Posts: 116 | Location: Norway | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scuba,

Thanks for the information. I have a new 3.5-15 with a BT on my 7mm STW and in the process of working up my final long range load. Your information is a good reference to know what to do when the time comes to order my turret. Thanks again.

Paul

"Diligentia - Vis - Celeritas"
NRA Benefactor Member
Member DRSS

Posts: 1026 | Location: Southeastern PA, USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
Muntjac - Kenton Industries. They make them for many brands, including Schmidt & Bender: http://kentonindustries.com/category/custom-turrets

I sent you a photo by PM

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
@Paul: yes, do that, but first be sure You have your final load... Big Grin

www.titanium-gunworks.de

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the picture! The visible fragments of the rifle look really interesting. What is it? And in 300h&h?

Posts: 116 | Location: Norway | Registered: 03 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
No, it ´s not a .300 H&H ;-)

It´s a Remington 700 Titanium in .270 Win

on which I made a Titanium Scope Mount myself...:

So anything on this gun is lightweight: total weight as shown 3,35kg including the scope!

http://www.titanium-gunworks.d.../titan-montagen.html

Since then I changed the scope to that new Z6i 2,5-15x44 BT SR - which is realy great! :-)

www.titanium-gunworks.de