New
Find
Notify
Tools

Boresighter recommendations
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It's time for a new boresighter/boresighting system, looking for recommendations.

I am really interested in the laser style sighters that are 'cartridge style' not the stick in the end of the muzzle kind. In reading online reviews at several of the retailers web sites the reviews are all over the place. I was thinking the accusite (sp?) was the best of this bunch, I actually know a couple folks who got the cabela's brand and didn't like it at all....anyway, looking for insight and experience.

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have only used the Leupold, but am satisfied with it.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike, which Leupold, the magnetic deal or the traditional arbor style??

Does it get you close at 100 yards??

Thanks--Don

One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
My Cabela's brand boresighter sticks in the end of the muzzle and works great as long as you can keep it level. On several occasions it had me shooting the bullseye out of the target directly after boresighting. Then again, I had one that was waaaaay off, in which case a laser boresighter would be handier.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
mine is the magnetic version. I bought it after the guy in the gun store used it to mount a new scope for me. It was only off 2 clicks at 100 yards which I considered to be excellent.

Posts: 3174 | Location: Warren, PA | Registered: 08 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i still use the old sweeny sight aline tool, but what is getting me interested are the new green daylight lasers. they're 200 at the moment, but that should come down in a year. They're visable at 100 yds

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Leupold magnetic one and am very happy with it. Got it free with a scope purchase. Little pricey otherwise; I think around $50.

LWD

Posts: 2104 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: 16 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
AimShot laser sighing system !.

I to decided to Upgrade my bore sighter .

It's working better than I had ever expected .

Normally 3 shots at 100 Yd. Zero to my point of impact . I sight at 25 - 50 measured Yd. with it NO PROBLEM seeing the laser light and the size is just right .

I set my scope higher accordingly then shoot 15 rounds without sighting through the scope .
Then I'll fire #3-5 shots while making adjustments for a particular projectile weight .

Good to go after that . I shoot the # 15 rounds as a matter of habit to " Shake the Scope " foul the bore so everybody is settled in . I clean between 5 shot groups of 3 .

Shoot Straight Know Your Target . ... salute

Posts: 1738 | Location: Southern Calif. | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Doc K. I think I will try an aimshot. I've been leaning toward that style of a laser sighter.