THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Would like input on riflescope selection please.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Would like input on riflescope selection please.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I alway hate comparing quality optics but Im in the process of purchasing another scope to fit my needs.Have decided to go either with the Burris Fullfield II line or the Leupold VXII line.Never owned either of the two particular models and would like input as to quality preference toward one or the other. Thanks

Posts: 135 | Location: N.D | Registered: 17 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sam308
posted Hide Post
Of the 2 I would go with the Leupold. The Burris is now made in China and they don't seem to have the quality or clarity that they used to. Never had any problems with a Leupold but I hear their customer service is excellent. The Nikon Buckmaster is also e very good scope in that price range.

Posts: 344 | Location: Kansas | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not going to knock Burris BUT...I have had apx 30 Leupold scopes over the years along with many other brands and seldom was I unhappy with the quality and performance of the Leupold....my oldest is from 1982 and still going strong.....the VXII is a good scope that will handle most needs short of the super recoiling dangerous game type setups.......this has been my experience and that of several of my shooting -gun trading friends.....good luck and good shooting!!

bigdaddytacp

Posts: 687 | Location: Jackson/Tenn/Madison | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
I have owned 1 Burris FFII and won't own another. I didn't care for the tunnel vision effect. I have nothing but great things to say about Leupold. You could even go with the VX I and be more than happy. Lou

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Of the two go leupold. Might consider Zeiss Conquest as well.

"shoot quick but take your time"

Posts: 451 | Location: drummond island MI USA | Registered: 03 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have two Burris FFII's and one Zeiss Conquest and 0 Leupolds in my safe.
FFII's are very good for $200.
Both Burris' are on high recoil rifles and zero problems.
Leupold gets too many scopes returned for that legendary customer service to be a contender.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Go Zeiss Conquest, and you'll never be sorry. The reticle is far better, as are the optics. I have had zero problems with mine and one especially has been to Africa, Alaska, British Columbia, etc. and hunted hard.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've never owned a Burris scope that didn't end up disappointing me. Of the two I'd much rather have a leupold.
That being said I agreee that the Zeiss Conquests are better scopes for the same money than the comparable Leupolds...............DJ

....Remember that this is all supposed to be for fun!..................

Posts: 3976 | Location: Oklahoma,USA | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
plainsdrifter,

The Zeiss Conquest has superior optics to the Leupold scopes. Since buying ten Leupolds to supplant my older scopes I discovered the Conquest line a few years ago and since then I have bought 7 Zeiss and no more Leu's.

The best source for Zeiss, and other optics, is at.

http://www.cameralandny.com/demos.html

I have got all my Conquests from this list and they are as new.

Get the 'power' or optic that your eye likes instead of what someone else says.

When we go to the doctor they ask us what lens we like!

Do that with your optics.