New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikon Monarch 800
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anybody out there used a Nikon Monarch 800 rangefinder?

I keep hearing nice things about it (much better than the Leupold RX-1'a and 2's, for instance) and am considering buying one.

Posts: 391 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Nikon Monarch 800 rangefinder is an very good rangefinder. In my opinion, I believe it is one of the better rangefinders on the market.

Posts: 750 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 15 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
I was having a heck of a time getting my Bushnell 400 Yardage pro to pick up on a deer past 125-150 yards. Passed on a real nice buck that I think was just in range while I was MLer hunting because the damn thing wouldn't read on him. Purchased a Nikon Monarch 800 3 years ago and haven't been let down since. I've used it in Texas to range bucks out past 500 yards, used it in CO to range Elk at 300+, and used it in Iowa during the shotgun season twice. It hasn't let me down yet and has been on several hunts for three years with the same supplied battery that came with it and it still shows a good charge. I use it all of the time when shooting rifles and patterning shotguns as well as turkey hunting.

I highly recommend it.

Good Luck

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote