Find
Notify
Tools

heavy recoil scopes
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 45otto
posted
Which scopes are the most recoil restistant?
Both rifle and handgun.
They will be fired at no more than 150 yards.

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie?

Posts: 439 | Location: Rosemount, MN | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Heat
posted Hide Post
That's a loaded question....

I think you'll find that any of the higher end Euro's are all pretty much bullet proof... Leupold is known for their ability to handle recoil... Nightforce is another EXCELLENT scope... And U.S. Optics for those with REALLY deep pockets...

Any of these will handle substantial recoil for prolonged periods....

Ken....

"The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, but that they know so much that isn't so. " - Ronald Reagan

Posts: 5386 | Location: Phoenix Arizona | Registered: 16 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Less weight means less resistance and force on the mounts and scope innards. Stick with aluminum. The heavy steel Euro jobs do fail. I've put thousands of rounds past Leupolds in my 375 and 458 Lott with no problems at all. In Africa, I'll bet that half of the hunting scopes seen are Lupie 1.5 x 5's. The Kahles is also known for tough. It's virtually an aluminum Swarovski.

Posts: 2827 | Location: Seattle, in the other Washington | Registered: 26 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of scubapro
posted Hide Post
Take a Swaro! Best scopes ever... Onfortunally expensive...

life is too short for not having the best equipment You could buy...
www.titanium-gunworks.de

Posts: 759 | Location: Germany | Registered: 30 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cheaptrick
posted Hide Post
Fixed x scopes are generally considered more recoil proof, regardless of maker.
All things mechanical are prone to failure.

cheaptrick.....out!!

Posts: 238 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SAFARIKID
posted Hide Post
I have several Megabores and have found that the Leupold 2.5 is light,small and Recooil Proof!I have 2 on my 600OK and another one waiting for my 700OK..I have also used their handgun scopes on my 500 Smith and 50/110 with no problems and they kick Hard too!

"That's not a knife..THIS is a KNIFE" !

Posts: 6572 | Location: NEW ORLEANS / CAJUN COUNTRY!!! | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote