New
Find
Notify
Tools

Swaro 1-6i EE recoil absorbtion
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Will this scope stand up to .458 Lott with proper rings? I'm sure someone must have tried it Big Grin

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2852 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sambarman338
posted Hide Post
As I recall, that scope is highly regarded by big-game hunters who use such rifles.

Ray Atkinson who posts hereabouts might disagree, though, saying a certain Compact 2.5x that Leupold sent him is the only scope likely to withstand more than 100 shots on a 458 Lott before rattling.

Swaro claims the four helical springs cushion the erector tube against recoil, but I can't see how they can stop it slamming on the scope floor or suffering damage from the turret screws as it comes back.

Posts: 5011 | Location: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: 31 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
works on my .416 Rigby

Posts: 10265 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
works on my .416 Rigby

Works on my .450 Rigby to!

Posts: 167 | Location: Kuwait | Registered: 14 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gunslinger if you don't have one then get it now. I was told at our recent expo show (Huntex) by the international Swaro rep that the EE model was discontinued. I'm not sure if that is correct.

I can't comment on recoil handling as mine is on my AR15 for IPSC... but in all other respects a great scope so far. Optics are awesome and I like the illumination. I don't care for Swaro's "clicks" though. Never feel confidence inspiring or robust. Never had an issue though!

Posts: 690 | Location: JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA | Registered: 17 January 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PD999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
works on my .416 Rigby
+1 Cool

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition” ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 1231 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The EE model has been discontinued for some time now.

DRSS

Posts: 1929 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
EE stands for extended eye relief - ie designed for big game rifles and extra eye relief so less risk of getting scope cut. Look at Westley Richards, Holland and Holland, William Evans etc and their big game rifles are now fitted witb these as the default.

Posts: 984 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 984 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found 4 on Amazon good price......Got one

White Mountains Arizona

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great news.

DRSS

Posts: 1929 | Location: Australia | Registered: 25 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems like the best and only real big bore scope out there. Compared to my buddies vx6 I love the illumination I want a daylight visible dot and huge amounts of eye relief. Wondering if I should buy more but I have 2 now.....

White Mountains Arizona