Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baush & Lomb Elite
 Login/Join

posted
I've got a B&L Elite 3000 3x9x50 that has been a very good scope for the last 7 years or so. As of the last month or so the scope will get fogged up internally when going from say the truck to 20 degree weather.

I have never had a problem with this scope fogging up or holding moisture over the last 7 years that I've owned it. What is causing this? Like I said, it appears to be a fog that is trapped between two pieces of glass on the objective end. The fog ring will get smaller and smaller until it is eventually gone and the scope will once again be good as new.

Any ideas as of why this is happening? Anyone ever dealt with Bushnell on the Elite line? The Elite's are supposed to be fully covered.

Get with the best or die like the rest

Posts: 8 | Location: GA | Registered: 25 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
send it back to bushnell - it should be covered under warranty

Posts: 13462 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It will be sent back to Bushnell, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what could be causing this?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The scope has moisture inside it. It could be caused by a failure of the sealing system. It happens to all kinds of scopes (brands). Eventually, the sealing system dries out and fails or the scope is banged up and the sealing system fails. If you don't get rid of the moisture (send it back to Bushnell), growth of mould or other glass and lens coating eating organisms inside the scope adds another problem to the moisture ingress. I've had a relatively good response from Bushnell in the past with scope faults but more recently they have been difficult to deal with (don't really want to deal with it at all and incredibly slow).

posted Hide Post
trepur- Thanks for the response.