New
Find
Notify
Tools

Extending 30mm scope mount CZ550
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Tough spot here. Got a Burris Euro Diamond 1-4x with a 30mm tube. The eyepiece section is quite long and the scope needs to be mounted more forward via an extension. Does anyone know of any way that this can be done? I've looked around pretty well and as far as I can tell no one makes a set of extended rings for the CZ/BRNO long action. It's a fantastic scope but won't work with a regular setup on a heavy recoiling gun. I'd be into mild custom mods too.

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm unaware of any. That is one of the pluses for LEU scopes as they generally have good eye relief both internally as well as externally. The optics may not be as good, but, my logic is the scope is only a gun site and does not need optic quality like binos or spotters.

Good Luck,
GVA

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All true Gary. I found the ring mounts. NECG deals in them, mostly EAW. A couple different models, both are pretty trick. They're $400 bucks! shocker

I always say never buy a scope that costs twice as much as the gun. Can I now say never buy mounts/rings that cost as much as that scope?

Posts: 1083 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 05 December 2006Reply With Quote