Find
Notify
Tools

EAW pivot. (1 inch rings)
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted
Hi I have Sauer with EAW pivot mount and a Zeiss scope with 30mm tube on it. I also have weaver T-36 scope with 1 inch tube (planned to be used for load testing and long range paper shooting). Now the dealer here in Iceland does not carry 1" rings only the whole set that includes the base for the riffle. He carries 30mm rings but said to me that ordering the rings from EAW would take munch time and trouble. In other words he does not want to order them, he wants to sell me the whole set. The rings are expensive enough, but to buy the whole set is just bullshit. That would be the double price of the scope.
So does anybody know of a dealer in Europe that carries the 1" rings that fits the EAW Sauer pivot mounts.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There will be a multitude of options to buy these in Germany. One option would be to try to contact Frankonia:

http://www.frankonia.de/shop/service.html?sp=kontakt

If Frankonia does not come through, I'm sure we can find another dealer (or order from EAW directly?)...

It might also be interesting to compare with prices in the US:

http://www.newenglandcustomgun.com/index.html?quickloc.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for prices on rings, bases and full sets. NECG might also be worth a try if the price is right...

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sherpi,

OR....you can go the proactive way and basically tell your so-called Customer Friendly Icelandic Dealer to go Pound Sand....somewhere where the light dosen't shine!

Call EAW, tell them what you would like, giving them the exact details of which rings you desire for each individual scope. Tell them how you would like them mounted - Highest, Low, spacing, etc, and they can tell you on the phone which heights, sizes, spacing and exact rings with specific part number you need.

THEN, ask them to ship them to your Dealer in Iceland. EAW WILL take Personal Orders but they will ONLY ship to Authorized Dealers; so if your (Customer Friendly) Dealer is on EAW's Authorized Dealer list - you're good to go!

This has been my expereince in dealing with EAW here in Germany.

Good Luck.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sherpi
posted Hide Post
Thanks , I am going to try again and if that does not work I will try what you proposed.

Sauer and Zeiss, perfect match.
Sherpi

Posts: 134 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of D99
posted Hide Post
Sherpi,
Get a set of 30mm to 1 inch inserts for a Burris or Badger Ordnance.

Posts: 4729 | Location: Australia | Registered: 06 February 2005Reply With Quote