THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  Optics    Talley Steyr Detachable Rings on Weaver Bases?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Talley Steyr Detachable Rings on Weaver Bases?
 Login/Join

posted
I recently purchased a new Remington Model Seven KS which I was hoping to be able to mount 2 piece Leupold QR bases and rings either modified from a standard 1 piece base or custom made using their QR gunsmith blanks. Unfortunately that idea didn’t pan out so then I began looking into the possibility of going with Warne Premier detachable rings and bases, but that’s very difficult since they have been out of production for quite some time now and are no longer readily available.

Plan C now is considering the use of Leupold QRW, Warne Maxima, or Talley rings. Because I’m not really a fan of the large levers protruding from the sides of any of these style rings, I was considering going with Talley’s and using their “Screw-Lock” version of their detachable but the problem there is that Talley requires the use of their specific bases as opposed to the Weaver style and they do not produce a 2 piece base set for 4 screw Remington Model Seven receivers. However, a friend claims that Talley’s “Steyr Specialty Rings” stock #700003 will work on any Weaver or Picatinny Rail System.

Has anyone used these particular Talley Rings on Weaver Grand Slam Steel or Warne 2 piece bases and do the Screw-Lock versions work well and zero back in accurately? I appreciate and look forward to any and all advice.

"I've taught my kids everything I know........and they don't know a damn thing"!