THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM OPTICS FORUM

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Blaser Primus scope - anyone know anything?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just saw where Blaser is making scopes and binos. Anyone have any experience with them?

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are awesome. I played with them at sci.

They are pricey - more than swaro.

I am thinking of the 8x30 binos.

The scopes are very blaser rifle centric.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
are they good enough so biebs cab finally hit something? Big Grin

Posts: 13461 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by butchloc:
are they good enough so biebs cab finally hit something? Big Grin

Maybe the side of the barn or the berm 2 out of 3 times.

The scopes and optics are good. Not 100 percent sure of the pricing as it is above swaro.

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just saw where Blaser is making scopes and binos

Typically, when a gun manufacturer puts its name on a line of scopes the scopes are supplied by a contractor. I have or have had scopes marked "Weatherby", "Sako", "Marlin", and others. Quality of these scopes varied ("Weatherby" scopes came from both Germany and Japan) and it is impossible to say what quality to expect from a proprietary scope. Hell, even P. O. Ackley marketed scopes with his name on them.

"Proprietary" scopes can be excellent instruments, but if the name on them is upscale then they are usually priced higher than the equivalent scope sold under the actual manufacturer's name.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:
Just saw where Blaser is making scopes and binos

Typically, when a gun manufacturer puts its name on a line of scopes the scopes are supplied by a contractor. I have or have had scopes marked "Weatherby", "Sako", "Marlin", and others. Quality of these scopes varied ("Weatherby" scopes came from both Germany and Japan) and it is impossible to say what quality to expect from a proprietary scope. Hell, even P. O. Ackley marketed scopes with his name on them.

"Proprietary" scopes can be excellent instruments, but if the name on them is upscale then they are usually priced higher than the equivalent scope sold under the actual manufacturer's name.

The billionaire owner of blaser (Sauer, Mauser, sig) founded German sport optics and these scopes are built by them. This is not a label on somebody else scope.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Zeiss worked with Blaser and made the VIctory IC line To work with the Blaser system.
They were excellent, and I have several on my Blaser barrels.
Zeiss are discontinuing the IC line..........
The Blaser scopes look fantastic when I saw them at The show.

They are priced above Swarovski, Zeiss and Schmidt and Bender.

Will be available in a couple of months time.

cheers

NicK

Posts: 665 | Location: EU | Registered: 05 September 2010Reply With Quote