Find
Notify
Tools

Norconia Scopes, any good?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted
I have been offered a norconia scope at a very good price, but not as good so as to throw that amount of money away Wink

I know the golden rule "you get what you paid" but even thou I want to know if it is worth...

These scopes are supposedly assembled / made in Germany (actually China is what I heard Roll Eyes ) and this specific model I ve been offered is the 1.5 - 6x 42, with illuminated reticle ...

Would probably be mounted in a 45-70 (would this scopes stand the recoil ?) to be used mainly in night hunts ...

Any first hand experiences and or opinions ?? Confused

------------------------------------------

Μολὼν λάβε
Duc, sequere, aut de via decede.

Posts: 1325 | Registered: 08 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
No one knows them Confused ???

Well, indeed that`s a fact from which I can get some conclusions ... Big Grin Big Grin

Are these scopes that bad Big Grin ??

Μολὼν λάβε

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Out of curiosity I did a search in Google for Norconia and they appear to be a brand name applied to NORINCO products (made in China) for the German market. It seems its a Norinco scope.

Posts: 197 | Location: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: 19 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Afrikaander
posted Hide Post
That´s right, Kiwi...

But I can´t find anywhere any description about their glass quality, light trasmision, and so on ...

so far I have found some users who said that these norconia are cheap stuff just a little better than a standard tasco ... and the fact is that I was tempted by a very interesting price for the illuminated one I was offered... but had decided not to take any risk, specially when sadly all test will be done when hunting - and as murphy mandatory rules state, surely then is when a life time boar will be lost because a scope bad performance or failure ...

Actually I have an IOR 4x32 mounted in it, but even thou its overall quality is very good, that model is not the best choice for night hunting (with no artificial lights at all, just moon light)... for daylight hunt is perfect, but for night hunts is very limitated ...

Thanks for your reply !

Μολὼν λάβε