Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Schmidt&Bender Question
 Login/Join

posted
What model is this?I know its a quality piece of glass but know nothing else.Value?Thanks

Posts: 15 | Location: Up there | Registered: 19 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It looks like a 1.5-6x42, but that information will be on the occular housing. The model looks very much like the S&Bs I have from 90'es. This scope should be a very close relative to what is now called the "Classic" series. Nothing wrong with this glass!
- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is a 1.5-6x42 and among the best scopes you can get.

Over here in Europe, S&B, Zeiss and Swarovski are considered the ruggest, most reliable scopes money can buy.

If it is yours, don't take it off for anything else!

Posts: 223 | Location: Netherlands | Registered: 16 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bob from down under
posted Hide Post
You can get the serial number off the bottom of the scope and email it with a request for information to S&B. They can id the scope for you and give you all the accurate technical information for that exact scope.
Sabine Brandt <info@schmidt-bender.de>
Is the person to get in touch with. She was really helpful to me.

Regards,
Bob.

Posts: 480 | Location: Australia | Registered: 15 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
It's a 1.5-6x42. For typical North American hunting that's about as good as it gets. Zeiss and Swarovski also offer the same basic scope. With slight modification, the same basic scope has also been used by a number of countries as sniper scopes. Unless you intend to shoot beyond 300 yards it's all the scope you will need.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote